what are mahabis alto?
The mahabis alto is a slipper boot made for indoor adventures.
We worked with a 50-year-old mill in Italy to create a soft felt upper which contains 50% recycled wool fibres from clothing that would have otherwise headed to a landfill. The lining is made from EcoCert™️ organic Italian wool, and the footbed is made with a premium PU for extra cushioning and arch support. All this sits on a sustainably sourced, natural Pura-Latex™ rubber sole
The beauty of the alto's slim profile and flattering length is they look like a chelsea boot, but feel like a cushioning, supportive slipper.
1) The luxurious felt upper is made with ReWooly™ - a carefully recycled wool that gently compresses tired feet, made from wool fibres from clothing that would have otherwise headed to a landfill.
2) The super-soft wool lining is 100% EcoCert™ organic wool from Italy and is certified non-mulesed. It regulates the temperature of your feet, so you're never too hot or too cold.
3) The elastic sides allow you to slide your foot into the slipper with ease and provide even more comfort.
4) Our adaptable foam footbed is made with a premium PU for extra cushioning and arch support.
5) We use only responsibly sourced Pura-Latex™ rubber for our durable, fixed soles. Designed to improve shock absorption and grip.
Designed in London. Made in Portugal.
Caring for your mahabis alto
We hope that your mahabis stay nice and fresh forever, but if they need a little sprucing up remove the footbeds and pop your mahabis in the washing machine at 30 degrees (or max 30 degrees wool/ delicates cycle).
You can wash the footbeds separately with a gentle detergent and leave both the slippers and the footbeds to air dry naturally.